I’ve visited Laiya, Batangas countless times already, but it never fails to give me that very comforting and familiar feeling. And it’s always nice to find yourself completely comfortable with the beach, and just… surrender. (Haha. Emo pala eh)
Taramindu Beach Garden Inn view from the beach front
Laiya in Batangas is a long strip of beach with off-white and grainy sandy shores. The warm blue waters welcome you like a comforting embrace, as the waves slowly come by crashing by the shore.
I visited Taramindu together with my family to celebrate my dad’s 60th birthday. As you can see, I am the youngest among 4 children, and 3 of my elder siblings are boys, hence giving me 3 older brothers to put up with. But I would not have it any other way. I’d love to wake up to days of bullying simply because I would always love my family along with our crazy everyday antics.
Crazy time and bullying time with my brother
Feeling like kids. Grotto shot!
Taramindu Beach Garden Inn lives up to its name with a homey and green atmosphere. It’s a breather away from the city and is perfect for family bondings or group outings. It can accommodate a group of 6 pax in a room and the rooms are equally relaxing as the beautiful beach a few steps away from the room.
Just like any commercialized beach, it offers utmost comfort along with the convenience of purely lounging around and relaxing by the beach front. Though for those on a budget, the room rates may be very intimidating and budget travelers may veer away from it. Furthermore, for party animals looking for night scenes after the sun sets, the Laiya beach strip caters more to relaxation than partying. But fear not, several restaurants around the Laiya strip offers an array of drinks that may be ordered but in the absence of loud and party music.
- kayaking is an available activity in Laiya
Taramindu is perfect for lazy days and laid back vacations. Solo flights, partners, groups and families is assured to have a great time in Taramindu.
Well, I did!
Teacher Mia’s Thoughts:
Family is the only constant thing in the world. Spend as much time as you can with them. Spend every vacation with them. Never miss an opportunity to spend time with them nor put them off for another day, you’ll never know until when you can bond together as a family.
I miss my dad. As of February 6, 2011, we can never have a vacation as a complete family. I miss you, Papa. And this was the last vacation I’ve had with Papa.
- From Manila take all the way to exit 50A at the end (Batangas,Laguna,Legazpi exit).
- Drive all the way 6.5 km along the National Highway and turn right to enter Star Tollway.
- Drive all the way to Lipa exit. After exiting Lipa City turn right and drive towards passing by La salle on the left side and Petron on the right at fork (Mc Donalds), then at the next corner turn left to traverse Claro M. Recto Avenue.
- At next corner of Mercury Drug Store turn right (P.Torres st.),this road leads to Padre Garcia Town.
- After 8.5 km turn left to enter town (note: rotary wheel on the left).
- After passing by Padre Garcia Pamilihang Bayan, immediately turn right.
- Go all the way and head towards San Juan passing by Batangas Racing Circuit at San Juan Municipal Hall (Pink BLDG), turn right towards Laiya. Follow cemented road that leads all the way to Taramindu passing by Kabayan, Virgin Resort, Blue Coral and Acuatico
- about 400 meters from Blue Coral is a bend, go around to turn left to Taramindu.